3LQE is a new owner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3LQE is a new owner

Post by Tony3LQE on Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Hullo Folks,

I was looking for assistance with getting On Air with my newly acquired IC-E92D, and appreciated some practical advice, so that I could join the fun on GB7CD.

Tony

Last edited by Tony3LQE on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tony3LQE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just for GB7CD

Post by MW0RUH on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Ok don't shoot the messenger here, programming the ic92D for GB7CD goes like this:-
(IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT SOME KEYS REQUIRE MOMENTARY PRESSES OF ONE SECOND TO OPERATE THESE INCLUDE #3 #4 AND REC* to toggle to each required setting)
1.Press your main/dual button and access the B band shows in the middle left of the display.
2.Then ensure you are in vfo mode, top right button on radio front.
firstly you need to program your call sign into the radio.
3.To do this press the menu button on front of radio.
4.Scroll the menu's using #2 or#8 keys until an arrow is alongside the Callsign menu.
5.Press the number 5 key. you should now have a menu that starts UR: CQCQCQ
6.Scroll down by pressing key#8 until you have an arrow alongside the MY menu and press #5
you should now have a menu showing M01
7.press #6 A cursor should now flash in an empty box to which you put the first letter of your call sign
Top right of display you should have the letters AB in capitals this is a toggle setting to either ab, 12,/. to switch between these setting press button #3 this gives upper/ lower case / numbers and characters to suit your call sign.
8.Enter your callsign in full.using #6 to move to each of the callsign characters in turn.
when completed ,
9.Move up to the next menu R1 using button #2 and enter the callsign of gb7cd put two spaces after the callsign then type B in the same manner as you did for your callsign , press #5.

The full menu should now read.
UR:CQCQCQ
R1:GB7CD B
R2:NOT USE*
MY: Yourcallsign here

10. Press menu to leave the menu mode
11. Press the REC*Mode button next to VFO button until the DV mode is showing on screen top left of display.
12. Type in the frequency of CD via the keypad 439.700
13. Press the menu button again and scroll down to dup/tone using #8 key
15.press#5
16.press#5 on offset frequency and select 9.000.00 this is done by rotating the volume control or other rotary knob on the top of the set. (this is dependant on how the radio is configured, hence why it could be either). when set press#5 key.
17. press menu button.
18. then press button #4 momentarily until -DUP is shown this again is a toggle button and will go through a sequence of options.

You should now have 439.700 on screen with -DUP and DV mode if so so far so good.
19.Press and hold MR button middle right on keypad until the radio beeps and a three digit number is flashing on the screen.
20. Turn rotary control until a clear frequency is shown i.e., no frequency digits.
21.Using #8 key scroll down to MNAME a cursor should be blinking to it's right enter the callsign GB7CD using the procedure used for your callsign.

Once you have completed this press and hold the MR key until it beeps it should now have stored the configuration to the relevant blank memory channel number you selected.

The radio is now configured for use on CD, when the Gateway is connected shortly, the menu left as R2: not use will need to be changed to GB7CD--G the --representing blanks. to access the gateway your callsign will need to be registered on the system this can be done once the network is live. until then you can operate locally on CD, Call me soon when you have configured it, if all else fails, mail me as per other thread.

DAI

Last edited by dave.2w0ruh on Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

MW0RUH
Admin

View user profile http://www.2w0ruh.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 3LQE is a new owner

Post by Briangw6wtk on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:31 am

Great guide here dave, but I think it should be emphasised the the 'B' in 'GB7CD B' should be the eighth charecter in the string, so there should be twoo spaces. Call me 'picky' if you like, but you know what it's like with these things they can appear to be so finicky.

Brian

Briangw6wtk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

9.Move up to the next menu R1 using button #2 and enter the callsign of gb7cd put two spaces after the callsign

Post by MW0RUH on Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:06 am

Point 9. has emphasis on leaving two spaces after the repeater call sign but yes for clarification the B needs to be the eighth character, the same would apply for the G if used on the Gateway to access the network.
More on that when the Newtwork is established later this month.

DAI

MW0RUH
Admin

View user profile http://www.2w0ruh.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Configuration (contd.)

Post by Tony3LQE on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Dave,

Thanks a bunch for your detailed guide to Getting Started with the IC-E92D. It takes abit of fiddling round, but comes good in the end, and now have access here to GB7CD.

I think the official Book of Words is lacking in some detail, having followed the text to the letter, and a simpler Getting Started chapter would have been much simpler for ICOM readers. You have to learn the system of set-up for it to work correctly, of course.

Anyway, thanks again and I hope to work you and the team very shortly.

Tony

Tony3LQE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3LQE is a new owner

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top