Using DCS Reflectors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using DCS Reflectors

Post by MW0RUH on Tue May 01, 2012 2:00 am

I have created a help guide for using DCS reflectors (attached below), remember radio needs to have:-

UR: CQCQCQ
RPT1: repeater callsign followed by the band module "A"23cms "B" 70cms or "C" 2metres in the eighth character position.
RPT2: repeater callsign with the "G" in the eighth character position
MY: Your own callsign

For things to work an example is, say in the case of GB7CD:-

UR:CQCQCQ
RPT1:GB7CD--B
RPT2:GB7CD--G
MY. AN1HAM (ficticious callsign)

-- equals two spaces pushing the "B" and "G" into the eighth character position.

For DCS you can of course program the redio using the software and the old memory channel method using DCS005BL to replace CQCQCQ and PTT to get to DCS005 "B" module and return to CQCQCQ after linking has taken place, however the document is geared towards the use of DTMF tones to do the linking.

Comments and feedback always welcome.

DAVE
Attachments
Using the New DCS Reflector System.pdf Hope this is useful.You don't have permission to download attachments.(468 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

MW0RUH
Admin

View user profile http://www.2w0ruh.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Using DCS Reflectors

Post by SRH on Mon May 14, 2012 8:27 am

Hello

I have recently started using a DV dongle, and it works well. Recently I have heard reference to guys trying the new DCS reflectors. From what I have heard these cannot be accessed from my dongle, but I am unclear as to what equipment is needed.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

73 Stephen M0GWI

SRH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MW0RUH on Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 am

SRH wrote:Hello

I have recently started using a DV dongle, and it works well. Recently I have heard reference to guys trying the new DCS reflectors. From what I have heard these cannot be accessed from my dongle, but I am unclear as to what equipment is needed.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

73 Stephen M0GWI

There is alternative software available to utilise the DCS reflectors look up Dutch Star on the net and register with the site for access to the Win DV software this is all round software for D-Plus, D-Extra and DCS reflectors.

A yahoo group also exists called D-Star development run by Jonathan Naylor, there is software called digital voice in the files section of that group that will also do what you require.

Regards

DAVE

MW0RUH
Admin

View user profile http://www.2w0ruh.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: