Activity Level - Cardiff & District

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Activity Level - Cardiff & District

Post by Tony3LQE on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:19 pm

It would be helpful to have an indication of how many members now have the capability to work through GB7CD.

At present it would seem about 3-4 members, but that may be wildly inaccurate.

I am sure that more will sign up as equipment becomes available, and the frequency becomes busier.

Tony

Tony3LQE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

activity level

Post by MW0RUH on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:36 am

As you may be aware holding on to your E92D you are amongst the very few locally, who have ventured into d-star. ( A mode which has recently seen some huge price increases which will no doubt reduce interest in the short term) whilst it is still in it's infancy, it is a fantastic mode which is enhanced by the use of internet linking.
GB7CD is imminently due to be connected to that network and will then see large amounts of traffic through the link. you will begin to meet amateurs from the UK and beyond and will also meet with many people who will access the network via DV Dongles. Which is not possible whilst only running locally. Hope this helps and look forward to working you on the node soon.

DAI

MW0RUH
Admin

View user profile http://www.2w0ruh.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Activity Level - Cardiff & District

Post by Briangw6wtk on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:13 pm

As clearly stated by Dave, connection to the gateway should inclease the level of activity dramatically because you are not only relying on local trafic (via RF). It will also bring in 'Dongle' users from far and wide who obviously cannot use CD at the moment as well as gateway-linked RF stations for all over the world. I have heared through the grapevine that there are planned improvments for the antenna situation, this is good news too because there are possibly users on the edge of the current RF coverage that will be able to access the box with ease if the improvements are sucessful. I am aware that Mark (2w0rmr) who is responsible for this site is on the very edge of CDs coverage and can only use CD under perfect conditions.

Brian

Briangw6wtk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

activity level update

Post by MW0RUH on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:43 am

The connection was made to the box 22nd January and all being well January 23rd will be D Day in relation to gateway activation. Standby for international and global communications.

DAI

MW0RUH
Admin

View user profile http://www.2w0ruh.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Activity Level - Cardiff & District

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top