E92D Memory management software project.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

E92D Memory management software project.

Post by Briangw6wtk on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:47 am

Following Dave's (ruh) frustrating efforts with the memory/data file for the E92D, I am thinking about writing a much simpler program purely for the memory management and upload/download to the radio. My intentions are to enable the user to manipulate the data in any standard application or text editor which will allow cut/copy and paste functions and things like batch change etc, this is only at the thought stage at the moment. Once I have made a start and established file conversion(s) and communication with the radio I will welcome suggestions from other frustrated users (including Dave) of the existing software, I have absolutely no intentions of addressing the control side of the software (this seems to work well with the original software anyway).

Once complete or usable betas are available it will be free to download from this site.

Brian

Briangw6wtk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ic=e92d memory management

Post by MW0RUH on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:04 pm

If the software can achieve a similar outcome as the ic2820 then I think it would be more user friendly. I feel it needs to be able to work as a standalone software which when manipulation of intended file is complete can then be uploaded to the set, as we have already discussed off thread.

Bold move and sounds like a lot of work .

Good Luck

DAI

MW0RUH
Admin

View user profile http://www.2w0ruh.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: E92D Memory management software project.

Post by Briangw6wtk on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:51 pm

Well it was a good idea at the time (hi), seriously though; I did say it was only it the idea stage of completion. We all know that romantic ideas have no problems, once I start coding there will be many.

Brian

what's with the fancy icon Dai?

Briangw6wtk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ICON

Post by MW0RUH on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Avatar designed and provided by Mark 2W0RMR.

Neat eh!!!

DAI

MW0RUH
Admin

View user profile http://www.2w0ruh.me.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: E92D Memory management software project.

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top